Sunday 3 March 2013

Just Back From Victoria

Back Down the Highway...
this time via Canberra (to see the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibition which I loved), then Cooma, Bombala, Cann River (a great way to go, so scenic, good road and a straight line to the glorious southern ocean) to Marlo. We stayed one night in Marlo (where the Snowy River meets the sea),
 just enough time to paint some watercolours in the evening on the beach at Point Ricardo while Peter tried to pull a salmon out of the ocean.










At Lake Tyres we had a cabin perched on the cliff with the sound of the ocean pounding below all night, (so good we stayed 3 nights).
From the balcony the view of the lake was perfect, so I sat and painted for two days, some oil sketches, and one more detailed painting in oils...also lots of quick watercolours.                                       




After a family holiday in Melbourne we headed back to this location and had more painting/fishing fun... this time further up the lake at a beautiful inlet, jetty area. At this lovely spot I painted some detailed watercolours, en plein air of course. Peter caught a few flathead so we had a few dinners for the return to home.



 




On return, we have just hung a new exhibition of paintings at CoffeeArt in Bulli, next to Bulli pub. This is a group show with work by Tony Hull, Heather Lindsay, Fiona Hayward, Deborah Eccles and myself, based loosely round the theme "cafe". The following photo shows two of my paintings in the show...hope you can call in and see it. 




To see more paintings and gorgeous trip photos check out my facebook page Painting Australian Landscapes, also Kate Broadfoot on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I all the time emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, because if like to read it then my links
    will too.

    my web blog - ロレックスコピー

    ReplyDelete